Friday, May 1, 2009

Malacca Oh Malacca


I have never been to Malacca for ages, let me see...32yrs to be exact. After all those years having not visited Malacca, I was surprised to see the traditional township being well maintained and no wonder it was rewarded the Unesco's Heritage City (apart from my hometown, The Georgetown Penang). On the first day we tried the night river cruise and it was exhilrating experience to try Malaysia's very own Venice. We stayed at the Mahkota Hotel with the straits view, and below is a picture of a jetty scene near our hotel, and its called the Arena.


Not too far away is the man-made island of Pulau Selat Melaka which the Straits Mosque is majestically located. In the morning sunrise, the scene of the floating mosque looked very picturesque indeed, much to my joy as a photographer.


My fervent wish is to return again someday to this beautiful Hang Tuah state, probably with my grandchilds. Malacca Oh Malacca

1 comment:

Abu Emir said...

every picture is beautifully captured...